Tuesday, November 15, 2005

an eye for pie....

I don't bake. I cook.. in fact I cook well. However, I don't bake. Why? Because a tornado through my kitchen would make less mess than I do when I bake. For some reason, me and flour don't get along, at all... the kitchen usually resembles a first snowfall by the time I'm done. Every bowl I own, as well as measuring cup, somehow finds its way out and inhabits every nook of my oh so small cupboard space. That said, our apt. complex had this hokey pie tastin' contest with first place being 100 bucks off of the rent. Everyone can use an extra hundred bucks, so I thought "why not." Well, I am now the reigning "Peakview Pie Champion." Not bad, considering the pie wasn't really even done! (It was supposed to be cool and "set up.") However, this still doesn't mean that I bake.

5 Comments:

At 1:13 AM, Blogger Joe said...

Georgia Highway Construction?

Is that supposed to be funny or just very, very sad?

Remember when technology was good for something other than fodder for some sort of post-structuralist ironic deconstructionism?

Me neither...

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Diane said...

No Thanks, I am only interested in TransArkansas underground subway development.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger ungeziefer said...

joe,

"post-structuralist ironic deconstructionism" . . . Whaa??

(That might make a good band name . . .)

By the way, did you all get your Credon Barter Dollars yet? Cause thanks to "The Interim Monetary System of Heaven on Earth," I just gave my social security number and all my other personal information to a web site in exchange for 1000 shiny new Credon Barter Dollars! Yes! What are you waiting for?

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Ungeziefer,
You fool! You only got a 1000 shiny Credon dollars??!? I got 5000 for my info! You got robbed!

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Joe said...

They took mine and then gave it back and told me to check out the Alabama Public Transit Workers Odd Job site. They said they didn't want "my kind" with using their Credon Barter Dollars. Something about stagflation and a funny smell, but I didn't hear all of it.

Maybe I could sell bits of string.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home