Thursday, April 20, 2006

Is that my muscles I hear screaming??

Today, after lunch, the Guyser and I took a bikeride to get the mail. Sounds simple enough. But let me explain. The mailbox is a mile away. Literally. No joking. That isn't that far of a bikeride, I realize. But then add a bike cart, and a 30-something pound toddler to the mix, AND a hill, that from afar doesn't look steep, but believe me, it is. Yeah, I am going to feel it tomorrow. The ride, on top of my husband's idea of "Let's go pick rock!" is leaving my muscles a bit tired, and I know come tomorrow morning, I will be groaning and looking for ibuprofen! But, the Guyser must have liked the bike ride, because he was sound asleep by the time we got back home. I figure if I do this 6 days a week, I will be in good shape soon!

4 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a much better deal that the Babe fell asleep as opposed to you falling asleep at the handlebars...that could be dangerous! And for a married couple to still enjoy the thrill and romance of picking rock together is great, but maybe you should rest up between the wild times!

 
At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean--Walter wanted to go for a bike ride. I thought OK, he and Wyatt will ride their bikes. No he wanted in the cart (40+ lb) and Wyatt (50) and Rachel on the baby seat on the bike! Plus I had just put in 30 minutes on the cross trainer. I got 30 yards from home on the gravel and asked it Wyatt couldn't walk the rest of the way. The good news, my legs weren't nearly as sore as my a$$ was the next day ;)

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger lady manta rae said...

you're idea of picking rocks was so romantic sounding, I took the Big Red Goat outside and we did a little bit ourselves in the back yard. They were much smaller than the ones I CLEARLY remember picking out of the fields when I was a munchkin... and funny enough, I think i preferred picking the big rocks OVER the small rocks... hmmm....

 
At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home