Sunday, August 13, 2006

Disgruntled....

The Hubby was around yesterday afternoon, so I took a few hours for myself. What did I do? What most red-blooded American women do: went shopping. I wandered through the thrift shops on my never-ending furniture quest (we have a house to fill now, ya' know...) and did find two night stands for $4/each. That rocked. Then I decided to go to a couple clothing stores. Here is where my mood changed. Now back in the days of BG (Before Guyser) I liked to shop, and usually had pretty good luck. But yesterday was not like before. Something happened over the past mmm.... 4 years..... with clothing. Now I am not trying to be funny here. Seriously, this isn't a case of "letting myself go" after the Guyser. Heck, a month ago, just out of curiousity, I tried on my senior prom dress AND IT FIT..... ok, not through my rib cage, but thru my lower half! And THIS is what brings me to my disgruntledness.
WHO IN THE WORLD ARE THESE PANTS MADE FOR NOWDAYS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

We went to the pool yesterday, and a glimpse around that pool yielded a mere handful of bodies that would fit into these pants! I admit, I have always had trouble with pants. In highschool, I bought men's jeans b/c they sat lower on my waist and were wider through the legs. I KNOW I have "back." I have a bit of a "Badonkadonk" as Trace Atkins refers to in his song. I had 'thunderthighs' at age 5. I was never destined to be a beanpole. Anyone who played hockey or skated for any length of time, knows that their thighs and butt get big. Anyway, I realize I am not the only person out there like this... far from it, so again I ask, am I just unaware that girls/women have developed toothpick legs lately? Its like this, to get dress pants to look relatively decent, I have to go up about 4 sizes so the legs fit,and then the waist is then mmmm..... four sizes too big! And I am all about a lower rise fit on my pants, but the rise on some of these pants would get me arrested for indecent exposure if I stepped out of the fitting room!!!

Maybe my body belongs to a different time. I don't have this problem in trying to find skirts, or usually even dresses. Maybe I belong to Donna Reed's time, where I would mop and dust in a dress.......It is just so frustrating to finally have some time to spend on myself, and then I leave the store feeling 10x worse than I did when I came in, because everything I tried on looked like crap.

Seriously, where do I have to go for trendy clothes that are made to fit REAL women? I know I can't be the only one out there who feels like this, am I?

6 Comments:

At 6:11 AM, Blogger Vashnigyered said...

Hope you don't mind me bloggin. I like reading your blogs. It really emphasizes how lame mine is.

I feel your pain. I, too, have had problems finding decent pants. It's amazing what 9 years of marriage, 2 kids and an adversion to exercise can do to a rear-end. I do have a treadmill, but it gets used more for opening the basement curtains than exercise.

 
At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same problem ALWAYS. It sucks. Skirts work wonders.:)Jeneen

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Rod said...

For what it's worth, I've always prefer skirts and dresses... love that draft.
:b

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Rod said...

um... preferred.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger lady manta rae said...

HEAR YE, HEAR YE!!!!! Who the hell ARE they made for???? Now, I know I've definitely gained a bit of weight.. :( However, when I was in my size 6 pleather pants wearing therapy school days, I found that yes - could wear size 6 eddie bauer.... any thing trendy - uh uh... sucks sucks sucks.... they are made so WEIRD lately.... i admire how guys can just go to the store and chose a inch lengh and waist and be done... :(

 
At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to know where you find these "couple clothing" stores! me and the Mrs. have just gotta check this out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home