Thursday, September 14, 2006

Photos from the past

There exists a mere handful of pictures of me from infancy to oh, about 4 years old. This isn't me being a whiney youngest child, this is just fact. Given the fact that I am the mother of a two year old that has a barely filled in baby-book, and not one page of a scrapbook done, I understand why there exists so few pictures (and why there are 11x14 professional portraits of my oldest two siblings......). So this past weekend, when I saw my brother he gave me copies of some of the pictures we got out of my Grandmother's photo albums after she died. I was amazed at these two pictures, because everyone says how much the Guyser looks like his daddy, and I agree, but he isn't a carbon copy of his dad. If shown a picture of his daddy when he was two years old, and asked, "Who is this?" He says, "Daddy." So, he knows he looks a little different. But in these two pictures, I see a lot of the Guyser. The headshape and nose especially. Anyway, it was fun to see these.... nice saddle shoes, eh? (Oh, and any comments from the glasses wearing peanut gallery may be avenged with more pictures....you know who you are....)


2 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger Lyle Snyder said...

Nan - those are great pictures. I assume you had the same amount of fun looking through Grandma's photo albums as I did. Her scrapbooks were amazing.

One of the things I really thought was neat was seeing the family resemblances that exist... Early Mark and John have a lot in common with early pictures of Lynn - which comes from somewhere. In that picture you posted, Steve has the same facial structure as Leif when he was young - and both look a heckuva lot like Earl as a child. You and I - well, I know as a fellow youngest there are not enough pictures of us that exist to compare us to anyone.

Keep posting the pics!

--Lyle

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger lady manta rae said...

I don't think I'm the glasses wearing peanut gallery, but just in-case - i owned much worse pairs myself, so I'd never criticize! I love the pictures.... can you private email me the names of who's who exactly? - k

 

Post a Comment

<< Home