Monday, January 30, 2006

Road Trip Review

We set out before 6am (ugh!) on Thursday to drive from northern Colorado to eastern North Dakota. Here are some thoughts...

* MAJOR Kudos go out to the Babe for sitting his little keister in that carseat for over 12 hours (each way!) and being a trooper! There was barely a complaint from his direction! Ok, he may have gained 3 pounds each way with the amount of crap he ate, but oh well!

* Since the Hubby met up with 2 of the 4 states' (CO, WY, SD, ND) "Finest" on our holiday trip last month, I was wondering if he would meet up with the 2 he had missed... but alas, he must have worn lighter shoes...

* The Babe figured out how to crawl out of the pack-n-play.... I thought we would be fine once we got back here, and he was in his crib. This morning he proved me wrong. My life as I know it, is over.

* We would like to thank the drivers of ND for not having to drive up our tailpipe, which is the norm here in CO. AND you acknowledge a turn signal.. WOW! What a novel idea!!

* To the bowling alley in Elgin: That was the BEST cheeseburger we have had in a long time! I guess that is what you get when you are in cattle country!

* While enjoying a Subway sub in WY, my husband found a paperclip in his sandwich! You might expect a hair, or even a finger! But a paperclip?!?!

* I know many would think that this drive would be one of the most boring on earth. However, I do find it amazing that the land we drive through, in some areas is virtually unchanged; it is as it has always been. I find it cool to think that you can look out onto that prairie, and if you really try, you could imagine herds of bison; in trees by a creek, you could see an Indian village. I find that amazing about this area of the country. The Black Hills of SD are magical. It really is no surprise it was a holy place for the Lakota. There is so much history throughout this drive, and unlike some places in the country, where it is hard to imagine what it must have been like, here, it isn't really too hard to imagine.

More Later... Maybe.....soooooooo tired......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home