Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Skating with the Stars, with stitches

Those of you who know me, know I used to skate (ice/figure, not roller). I skated a loooooong time. From ages 4 until 18ish. I now have a love/hate relationship with the sport. I will spare you all the details, but frankly, I will teach my kids to skate, should they desire, but it is not a sport I will encourage. Sparing you my mixed emotions of something I spent soooooooo many years doing, I am pumped to watch Fox's new reality (sure it is) show, Skating with the Stars. Why? Completely and entirely to see them wipe-out! Watch out for those toe-picks!! Maybe it goes back to my soapbox of: just because one can sing, doesn't make one an actor, and vice versa. Just because one can shoot hoops, doesn't make one an actor. and just because one is a bubble headed idiot on Good Day LA! doesn't make one a skater. Let the lacerations and bruising begin!

2 Comments:

At 3:46 AM, Blogger Rod said...

i WOULD watch that show, but i think i've logged my lifetime's share of hours watching skating...
:)

 
At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hhmmmm... the next thing we know, they will come up with "emergency with the stars" where stars practice rigorously with a special trainer all day for weeks to play doctors and nurses in an ER... it would bring new meaning to the "i'm not a doctor, but i play one on tv" phrase....

I can hear it now - "Eric, how did our contestants Dr. Duhamal and Nurse Tori Spelling do? Well, Tom, it didn't look so good - Tori kept trying to flush the patient's eyes with the enema solution and Dr. Duhamal removed the patient's ENTIRE eye instead of the foriegn body inside it... I'm going to have to give him a 2." "Tom, this is Betty... I think that their style and technique has REALLY improved over the past few weeks... they are really starting to relax more and their movements look much smoother... I'm going to have to give them an 8 - way to go guys." (audience cheers)

WHAT THE HELL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home