Saturday, July 22, 2006

Manroom

I am starting on the "manroom." What is a "manroom?" you may wonder? Our garage is a big two stall car garage that has a built in office with heat and air conditioning. This office is what will be the manroom. I really should have taken a before picture. It was nasty. I mean really nasty. Dirty carpet, cobwebs, more dirt. I steam cleaned the carpet the other day.... it was like pouring out sludge from the return container. Painted two walls last night.

Next is to add the green and yellow to the other walls. I know, you may be thinking "green and yellow???" At first thought you may think this is in honor of the my husband's crappy alma mater, you know the one: "Look at us! We're Division One!" But it is not in honor of the Herd, it is in honor of the OTHER green and yellow, the tractor kind. Would I like a green and yellow room? No, not particularily. But this is not my room, it is the manroom. It will be his "cave," his place to hang dead animals and scantily clad women and Simpson's posters. It is his place to mess up (and clean.) It is the poker-room. (we have already been informed by the other residents of this.) It will be the place to burp and scratch and grunt....

Now, I just need to get it done.

1 Comments:

At 5:36 AM, Blogger amycita said...

I have seen two other manrooms (or is the plural menrooms?!)Fortunately we have a tiny garage, but our basement could become a man room. When we moved in, the grossest corner room of the basement was filled with a miniature train set and the like. It is currently the litter box room.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home