Saturday, November 25, 2006

Post Turkey Day news

My Dad came down for Thanksgiving. It was SO nice to have him visit. I made turkey (I cheated and put it in the crockpot, but it was very good) "stevies' favorite" sweet potatoes and I don't remember what else. Dad brought lefse which was very good, and the hubby brought his appetitite. It was a very relaxing day. Yesterday I showed Dad around a bit, and he left to stay the night in Fargo with my sister. The Guyser had fallen asleep and so he was not awake when Dad left. When he woke up, he waked around saying, "Boppa!! Where ARE you??" "Boppa!?" It made me cry. I forget how far away everyone is, until they come and then leave. I will be able to see all my siblings and my Dad in less than a month, though, so that makes me a bit less sad. I hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving!

2 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger lady manta rae said...

it makes me sad just reading about it... i know how you feel... right now - I'm loving seeing my family, but then when I have to go back, it feels like we are so far away. Sometimes I think - if only we were 5 hours closer... the 6 - 7 hour drive left wouldn't be quite so bad - we'd be able to see each other more... course, there are some jobs open here in town......

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good Turkey Day. I worked...yuck...oh the joys of nursing! But we are going to Oregon for Christmas to be with family, so we are so excited. Have a good week. Hugs, Anjee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home