Friday, February 01, 2008

When "hot" is just too cold.

As I was leaving the Y last night (see last post as to why...) I pulled my hat down tight, and realized I looked like either a bank robber or a gang member. Seriously, it wasn't even remotely "cute" or "trendy." I then remembered seeing two girls the day before at Target running to their car wearing no coats, hats, mittens in subzero weather. Now, don't get me wrong. I vividly remembering running from the car to the door of Bucks (more than once) with Kris wearing nothing but jeans and our "guy gettin' shirts" in freezing subzero weather! I am just wondering, at what point in my life did I just decided I didn't give a crap about my looks and I was tired of being chilled to the bone? Now I go out in boots, hat, mittens and a down coat. I wander around in at least three layers of shirts and two pairs of socks? Is this the natural progression of aging? I mean the Hubby's G-Pa wears flannel on 90 degree days. Its just amusing that I have traded warmth for anything that resembles vanity!

1 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I choose to believe it is the confidence one exudes when being bundled beyond recognition is far sexier than the little bitty girls freezing there naughty bits off. Not to mention the anticipation for your guy watching peel off twenty layers. OK, maybe not, but thats what I try to tell myself! Besides you are a "runner" now, that is sexy in itself! D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home