Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The joys of pregnancy

This time around, I am having some weird dreams. Last time around, I dreamt alot, but they were...err....good dreams. I'll leave it at that. But this time, they are frantic, or sad or anxiety filled. I wake up feeling completely exhausted. Between the dreaming, the getting up to go to the bathroom and the prolaxin loosening my hip joints so they are stiff and painful by the middle of the night, I feel just great!

I know it is all worth it, it is just strange having such a different experience this time around. Last night I dreamt it was a boy... we'll see. The Guyser keeps saying it is a "sister" when I ask...who knows!

4 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you sleep with a pillow between your knees? That always helped my hip pain. I hear you about the dreams, my favorite was the caramels for communion at church!
Denise

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger lady manta rae said...

you know, you're neighborhood therapist could get you a binder to help support those hip joints... our PT's do it all the time & it's very helpful... i would ask if I were you. The pillow between the knees is a good thing, too, but we have found you should bring it right up to your crotch if you do it as people actually tend to exert more torque pressure on their hips from pushing their knees together to hold the pillow in place when they only have it between their needs... check into the binder, though... it will make your life much more pleasant... i was already told by my fellow therapists i would be automatically given one thanks to my pre-prego lax ligaments...

One of our friends had weird dreams during one of their preganancies... something about the fetus being born as a skeleton and then it trying to strangle the mom with the umbilical cord & more similar ones to that... etc, etc... very weird, weird focused dreams...

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger lady manta rae said...

sorry... i just notice i wrote "needs" in there instead of "knees" ...sorry.. sleep deprived and getting ready to go to work on this beautiful saturday morning.... NOT awake at all....

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Rod said...

those dreams mean you're having a girl - congrats!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home