Thursday, March 08, 2007

Then and now

This is a post I have wanted to do for a while. Those of you who know the Guyser, know he is a bit...ummm... attached to his "NighNigh". This is a little blanket (a washcloth, as his uncles call it) that I got from my dear friend Shan when he was born. She got it for him in Beverly Hills (I think.) It was this little, (pricey and hard to find to get a 'backup') blankie that he attached to when I took away his pacifier. Anyway, to say it is loved is a gross understatement. My only fear is that I don't think it will make it to college.....



All new and fluffy, with the Guyser, 3 mos old
No, he isn't barfing a blanket....and don't even THINK about getting in the car without the "NighNigh" or the trip will be MISERABLE.....
Missing its silk patch and well, well worn.
(Shan, the silk patch, or part of it, is in a frame in his room!)

1 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger Vashnigyered said...

I hear ya about the blanket. The little monkey has an M&M Tic-Tac-Toe print receiving blanket I made her. She has others but they just aren't the same. We've had a few screaming fits in the car because we had forgotten to bring it with and that's just local driving. And if you try to wash her precious "Blankie" and she sees you have it, all hell breaks loose. I've had to sneak it into the laundry.

The boy also has an M&M blanket I made him when he was a baby and she tries to steal that once in a while. His has primary polka dots on the back while her's has the primary stripes so at least I know who owns what.

I don't remember the boy being as bad with his blankets but then again, that was almost 5 years ago. I think he may have liked the fish one I had made. Eventually, I made him a Blue's Clues blanket and then that became his favorite.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home