Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Here's to your future counseling sessions....

Lately, I have been wondering two things: 1. How my mother didn't kill at least one of us... there were 5 of us.... 2. How I am not brain damaged (more than I know I am...)

The Hubby's call schedule lately has SUUUUUUCKED.......in addition, the Guyser's behavior has SUUUUUUUUCKED....... so that sums that up. Frankly, he is probably just sick of me by now... I would be sick of me by now. He didn't see his dad at all on Saturday, and so yeah, he is probably a little mommied-out. So, because he is bored and we all are tired of being pent up inside, he has just decided to love his sister.... love her to death! He has dropped her on her head, put her on the couch (I got to her before she rolled off), got her out of her excersaucer, by himself, turned her upside down in her carseat (she was still strapped in), thinks "She can walk!"... put pillows on top of her while she is trying to scoot across the floor....this is just some of the things I can remember. I am sure there is more.... I am at a loss of what to do. He just doesn't get it. He wants to play with her, love her. When I tell the Hubby these antics, he replies "You need to watch him." Well golly gee Beav, a girl needs to pee! Or change a dirty crib sheet, or put her coat on... I am telling you the Guyser is quick! I am sure I wasn't spared any of these things either, with 3 older brothers, so maybe that DOES explain a lot......my parents told me it was a gifted class but maybe............anyway, at this rate, she better have long legs and big boobs, because if she is dropped on her noggin too many more times, she isn't going to be a Rhodes Scholar.....

My girlfriend today said "I am a horrible mom, I have lost my temper so much with my daughter." No, No you are not. (I told her.) The thing is, our parents all lost there tempers with us, difference is, they didn't have a million people out there telling them they were horrible parents for doing so. Us, our generation, we are wracked with parenting guilt. And the last couple days, I have had my daily portion of guilt. And so it goes back to, how did my mom not kill one of us? I don't remember her threatening us within an inch of our lives, but I am sure she did.... and it probably worked....I don't know.... its perplexing to me.... maybe she was just able to kick us outside a whole lot more...."Go Play!" That seemed to be her answer for most things..... why doesn't it work now?

2 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger Vashnigyered said...

I think the hubby needs to be bitch-slapped.

It's amazing how quick those little kids can be. Take my house this morning. The little monkey managed to find a scissor and cut a little chuck from her bangs. I trimmed them up a little bit so it's not as noticable.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger lady manta rae said...

I tell you, i agree they are pretty quick.... i can't tell you how many times I've extracted something from the mouth of one of them..... & I'm sitting RIGHT THERE when they shove it in their mouth.... yikes.... I'm passing your "goodbye sleep" on to my new mommy friend, by the way.. it is hilarious....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home