Sunday, February 24, 2008

I am back, only to leave again...

I am back from my mission trip. There are so many thoughts and emotions yet to be processed, but overall, it was an amazing experience. I can't wait to share some of the thoughts. However, at this point, I am utterly exhausted and haven't quite wrapped my brain around the fact that in a day and a half, we are going to NoDak for 3.5 weeks! I have SOOOO much to do! (The hubby is doing an elective rotation up there.) Anyway, I will post more pics and thoughts later, but here is one of the orphans I fell in love with. Her name is Trishaina and she will be 5 this summer. She has Cerebral Palsy. Sadly, many of the kids there with CP have never been taught to communicate, but they understand you and what you are saying fine. She had amazing eyes and a wonderful smile and I just carried her around for a while one day. I showed her herself in a mirror, and then realized as she gazed at herself with astonishment that she probably had never seen herself.....
I will leave you with that for now.......

4 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Miss Lissa said...

Sounds like an amazing experience. Kind of sad when you think that these kids just do not get the opportunities the kids here get.

 
At 5:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea that when you said you were going to Jamaica that you were going on a mission! I can't wait to hear more about it...and the long treak to ND.

 
At 5:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea that when you said you were going to Jamaica that you were going on a mission! I can't wait to hear more about it...and the long treak to ND. - Glad that little girl was able to experience so much just in a single day because of you. What an enriching experience...for both of you.

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Are your trips over yet??? Time for an update! Want to see those kiddos and hear about your life! Are you managing to stay warm??? 90's down here. Aren't you missing it????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home