Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Goal completed!

Hey all! I know it has been forever and a day since I last blogged. The last 2 months since returning from NoDak have been nuts. The Hubby has been on horrible rotations and I felt like I was chasing my own tail. If you all remember I said awhile ago that I was going to do something crazy and run a 1/2 marathon. Well, this past weekend, I DID IT!!!!! My goal was to A: finish, and B: try to do it under 2 hours 30 minutes. My knee has been bothering me SO badly, I really didn't know if I was going to make it. I had weaned my running down in the last few weeks doing a 4 miler or 5 miler a week maybe. So, I was really really worried about hitting about mile 7 and having to ride the sag wagon back in. But, I DID IT and I did it in 2 hours 31 minutes, which was close enough for me!! My stellar siblings did it all way faster than me, 1:49, 1:55, 2: 08 and my sis-in-law did it in 2:01, but they are all veterans. I was a 1/2 marathon virgin, so I am completely content with my results. The experience was so cool. 13 miles of crowd-lined streets cheering, bands playing, cowbells ringing. It was awesome. My brother in law ran the full marathon, at age 50!!! He rocked a time of 4:10. He was on pace for a 3:30 marathon, then at mile 20 his calves started cramping. I feel bad that happened to him, but he still rocks! So now, 4 days later, I still am exhausted, but still on bit of a high. I am really liking this running thing, and as soon as I give my knee a rest for a while, I am going to keep on keeping on!

4 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I just say how absolutely impressed I am by you?! I keep having these flash backs to high school when running "the mile" in PE was a huge event. And now you did 13 of them! I think it is you who rocks sister! Denise

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Vashnigyered said...

Congrats on your run. The last time I did any serious running was 7th grade track. After I lettered running H.S. meets, I quit. How's that for ambition.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You are so my hero.... I get winded just walking to the mailbox! Hee hee! Way to go girl. You definitely should be proud!!!!

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Kelli Diane said...

awesome job!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home